FREEYA is Where Stuff Goes to LiveIssue #17
Freeya Spring Cleaning Giveaway—Make way for SUMMER READING!
I don't know about you, but all this book banning has my feathers good and ruffled. Let's fight back by sharing our favorite books with our favorite Freeya community. We'll take it all: controversial, quirky or just plain comical. I typically like to hold on to my favorite books—keep them on the shelf to remind me of some nostalgia or belief. Not anymore!!
Let's get those dusty, beloved pages into someone else's hands. Post your books, the empty bookshelf, post anything! And be entered to win a $100 gift card to Powell's City of Books.
Every time you post between 6/2 and 6/4 you’ll be entered to win! See official rules for details.
Future Spring Cleaning Giveaways:
- What space do you need help cleaning up? Send us a note and let's make a giveaway with your theme in mind! Email email@example.com .
🌷✨ Moving Day! Tips from an expert—
It’s tough to admit, or maybe just hard to identify, until—you’re moving. When faced with the reality of touching every possession—carefully placing them into a box, moving the box in and out of doorways and trucks and more doors, and then carefully taking those possessions out of their nice box—I think we can agree there is no box big enough in which to hide the truth.
And the truth is, we have too much stuff.
To help us tidy our relationship with the company we keep (we’re talking to you, Stuff) we’ve reached out for some expert advice from Jessie Culbert Boucher , a licensed real estate agent in Washington State. She’s got an intuition about manifesting a low-stress move that we just can’t replicate.
In our second phase of Moving out / Moving in, it's time to 'put on a show'. Here are Jessie's thoughts on getting it just right without breaking the bank.
Part 2. Staging—Put on a Show.
If you’re staging a home for sale, the rule of thirds is absolutely necessary. No joke, 99% of houses I prep for sale are too cluttered. The key with this phase of the process is to help prospective buyers see themselves in your home. So, what do you need to do?
You may have to remove items such as personal artifacts—think pictures, artwork, calendars, etc. that you ultimately want to keep, putting them in storage or your friend’s basement. You may also find that you need a few items to augment what you already have. That’s also a circumstance where I like to recommend Freeya.
In our next letter, we'll have our final tips from Jessie on moving into your new place! Thanks for getting us this far, Jessie!!
If you have any questions for Jessie, feel free to reach out to her or to us!
The Value of Used—Tiny Things Market—THIS WEEKEND in PORTLAND!
Sunday, June 4th. 4-6pm. 1249 SW Cheltenham St, Portland, OR.
What is Tiny Things Exchange ? Well, let's just say it's right up our alley. It's like Freeya, for tiny things, all in one place. You can bring anything tiny and you can take anything tiny! Toys, fidgets, art, craft, treasure, you name it—all 100% free!
The event is hosted by Southwest Portland Martial Arts . Masks are required. We'd like to send out a special welcome to neurodivergent folks. And of course, it's a kid-friendly event.
Congratulations, Marlee B!
Did you Know?!
- We have a MEGA NEW VERSION OF FREEYA FOR YOU! Make sure you're on the latest and greatest. iOS 1.3.0 and Android 1.3.0 (Zip! Zap! Zoweeee!)
- Now you can say THANK YOU! We heard that y'all want to share gratitude with folx for sharing their really cool stuff. Now you can! Thanks for the feedback, we hope you like it!
- You'll notice some changes in onboarding and account sign-in. We hope this makes things a little smoother for new and returning users.
- FREEYA 1.3 will eat up less of your cellular data, with enhanced compression features. We know y'all have unlimited data these days, but these are the things that get us excited, so, we wanted you to know about it :nerd_face:
- Pickup information is waaaay easier to find. And...zoom zoom you can get a real close look at where you're going.
- You can now message with each other during a scheduled pickup transaction. This feature ends when your pickup window ends. If you still have details to sort out, you can simply create a new pickup during an updated time that works for you.
- And finally, did you know?? Annual Freeya Pro Memberships come with a free month trial and then $59 to spend on Freeya merch and supplies .
We're always hustling to make sure you have tons of opportunities for amazing, free stuff. Whether it's coming or going out of your life, we hope you're having fun on Freeya. Don't forget to get yourself entered to win this weekend's Spring Cleaning Giveaway !