FREEYA is Where Stuff Goes to LiveIssue #25
Halloween Haunts Giveaway - Enter to win $100 gift card!
Let's make spooky season more sustainable!!
This weekend's giveaway is here to free your closets of costumes that no longer fit, you've worn too many years in a row, etc. There's a budding fairy, ghost, and goblin out there ready to step into their calling, they just need the outfit! Save the landfill and swap costumes with your neighbors this weekend.
Halloween not your thing? We get that! You'll still be entered to win with any posts you make during the giveaway period, this weekend from 9/29 thru 10/2. See official rules for details.
Costume's aren't the only thing filling up the landfill this season
Pumpkins account for over 18,000 tons of edible pumpkin end up in landfill sites every year – the equivalent of 1500 double decker buses, or 360 million portions of pumpkin pie.
From the flesh to the seeds, pumpkins are low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. They’re also full of valuable nutrients including vitamins A, C and E as well as fibre.
While jack-o-lantern pumpkins aren't necessarily cultivated for flavor. Pureeing them and using them in muffins, cakes, or other baked goods is a great way to go!
Below is one of our go-to faves:
PUMPKIN MUFFINS WITH CREAM CHEESE FILLING 🤤
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree,
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
Hey, West Seattle this one is for you
Step into fashion, music, and fun at The Doll Parts Designer Showcase, sponsored by yours truly!
Join us at The Doll Parts Designer Showcase, on October 1 from 11am - 6pm at Doll Parts Collective in West Seattle. The fashion show will start at 11am with the models making their way through the farmers market (fun!) and the designer market will run until 6pm.
Get first dibs on unique handmade designs through the Freeya App. And, if you don't have it already, when you download the app you'll be entered into a fun raffle!
Best of all, it's free to attend! Don't miss out on this fabulous day of drag, music, cakes, and fashion!
Freeya Out and About!
We had a sweet time at our drive thru lemonade stand at Hall Tool last week, serving up ice cold lemonade and some sick dance moves ! Thanks for stopping by :)
- 10/1 - Doll Parts Sustainable Fashion Show is happening this Sunday, October 1st from 11am - 6pm in West Seattle. From upcycled couture to eco-friendly fabrics, this runway is all about fashion with a purpose . Let's show the world that looking good and doing good can go hand in hand.
- 10/4 - Bike Portland 's weekly Happy Hour! We'll be slinging swag, toasting fresh brews and listening for tales of the greatest Freeya bike scores. Join us this Wednesday, from 3 - 6pm at Gorges Beer Co. on SE Ankeny in Portland. Go for the discounted bevi's and stay for the friends !
Melissa won our PSL Giveaway last weekend. She is an active giver and getter on the Freeya App and has this to say, “I have received a plethora of treasures which my family uses on the daily. My favorite is the Kate Spade bag I thoroughly enjoy toting around town, like a boss.
Thank you!” No, THANK YOU, Melissa!! Grateful for our community.
- Costumes not your thing? Get ready, we have a handful of giveaways coming up! Start gathering up for the following:
- Harvest Bounty Giveaway 🌽🍂🍎 Harvest season is here, clear out your surplus apples, squashes, pumpkins, and more, and share the bounty with your neighbors. Let's embrace the spirit of abundance together!
- Game Clear Out 🎲🧩♟️⏳ Clear out your old video games, board games, or puzzles, and share the joy with others. We'll find them a new home where they can continue to bring smiles and entertainment, esp during rainy season!
- Rose Haven Round Up! 💕🏡 Join us in giving back to our incredible community partner, Rose Haven Day Shelter! We'll be collecting extra suitcases, backpacks, or gently-used women's or kid's tennis shoes. Be on the lookout!
- Cool Tools 🛠️ Time to channel your inner Tim the Tool Man Taylor and free up space in your workshop (we know it's crowded!).
Haps with the App!
Bug alert! We've squashed a timezone bug that caused some hiccups in your "Plan Ahead" pickups. Yipes! You might have hypothetically experienced a few frustrating moments in your Poster/Retriever engagements. Plus, pickup requests could've hypothetically auto-rejected/expired. Double yipes! We're super sorry for any frustrations this caused and as always, truly grateful for your being with us on this jour-ney. We promise to keep improving!
- Freeya-bies for app store reviews! If you love the latest version of Freeya, leave a review in the app store. It helps a ton! Leave App Store Review Leave Google Play Review We'll send you something too!
- Refer a friend! Or heck, refer 5! We're offering free memberships to folks who sign up and post an item within 24 hours!! Think of all those saved searches you'll get to make. Refer a Friend
- Found something cool on Freeya and want to tell us about it? We know posting on the 'gram isn't for everyone. We've made it easy, upload a photo here . We'd love to see what you've scored!
And finally, remember to post this weekend, 9/29-10/1 to be entered to win our Halloween Costume Giveaway!